“You build your community through really engaging and interesting content. There’s a ton of best practices out there, but one of the things that really works well is video.” via ReelSEO
- Being social is no longer optional –> According to a Network Solutions survey, the use of social media among SMBs has grown over the years, rising from 12 percent in 2009, to 24 percent in 2010 to 31 percent currently via Search Engine Watch
- Social network advertising spend in gaining popularity –> Social media advertising spending will increase from $2.1 billion in 2010 to $8.3 billion by 2015.” via Direct Marketing News
- 98% of affluent adults are online
“The advantage in online video is that you can get to the punch line quickly and deliver that entertainment fix in less than five minutes,” said Erick Hachenburg, CEO of MetaCafe.
- People retain information from video more than any other form of media
- Brands are understanding that targeted viewers means more sales than a large quantity of views
- Video is ranked higher in search results than any other form of media. Meaning brands have an opportunity to be found above their competitors.
- The leading digital advertisers believe that half of their budgets in the next 12 months will be spent on brand-focused advertising via AdAge
One possible solution is advertising with a video web series like #TravelTalkTV with @JenChicago
“It only takes 20 people to bring an online community to a significant level of activity and connectivity.” (Ning via TheNextWeb)